NLMA, the Department of Health and Community Services and the Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information (NLCHI) are working together to deliver an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Program for physicians in Newfoundland and Labrador. The EMR Program is known as eDOCSNL and it now has its own website at www.edocsnl.ca.
The program is now accepting expressions of interest from fee-for-service physicians interested in incorporating the new EMR program in their practice. eDOCSNL will work with your clinic to complete a readiness assessment, identify priorities and assist with the transition. To learn more, or to submit an expression of interest, visit https://edocsnl.ca/enrollment/.
- Med Access EMR by TELUS Health Provider Solutions was selected as the preferred product.
- NLMA signed an agreement with Government on the governance and cost-sharing of the EMR program.
- Physicians will pay 30% of the EMR program costs and Government will pay 70%.
- An EMR Management Committee has been struck with three members from NLMA (50% of the Committee). The three members are: Dr. Tony Gabriel (Gander), Dr. Tim Strand (St. John’s) and Dr. Percy Crocker (St. John’s).
- The Data Governance Advisory Committee is a sub-committee of the Management Committee with a mandate to advise the Management Committee on the collection, use and disclosure of EMR data by third parties for secondary uses. Physicians make up 50% of this Committee. The three members are: Chair Dr. Christopher Jackman (St. John’s), Dr. Megan Haynes (Harbour Grace), Dr. Jacqueline Verge (Conception Bay), and Dr. Jamie Tibbo (St. John’s).
- The first phase of the five-year project will allow adoption by up to 300 users and will initially target community-based fee-for-service family physicians.
- Participation is voluntary.
- Physicians will be responsible for providing their own hardware (e.g. computers or tablets, printers, scanners, etc.), as well as their Internet connection.
- eDOCSNL will begin the installation of Med Access in physicians’ offices in early 2017.
- If you have questions your are invited to contact Lucy McDonald, NLMA Senior Advisor, Health Information, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memorandum of Understanding